Puzzle Designer (part time)
Job no: 498000
Work type: permanent part time
Categories: Creative / Design
Part time Designer
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
About the role
This is a great part time opportunity working within our Puzzles department alongside our Art Director & Editor. You will work with established systems, procedures and production schedules to ensure the timely and efficient publication of the various titles within the department. This is integral role to the successful publishing of our two most popular titles and will involve input across correcting puzzles, solutions and marketing details.
This is a part time position working 2 days per week with flexibility on which weekdays, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Editing the layout of puzzles & providing solutions and marketing ideas.
- Ensuring the pages are correct with the copy, images and marketing details
- Update puzzles, solutions or images as needed by the editorial team
- Designing covers, cover pages & ads as needed
- Assist the Art Director with the smooth running of the department to ensure deadlines are met
- Execute any pre-press required for layouts and ensure pages are completed to finish standard
- Creating PDFs and providing retouching instructions to off-site prepress as needed
Skills and experience
- 2+ years Design experience
- Experiences using InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Well organised & ability to multitask
- Able to adhere to deadline driven projects
- Professional work ethic with high attention to detail
- Able to adapt to last minute changes and design inputs
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now