Business Development Manager
Job no: 498009
Work type: permanent full time
Categories: Advertising Sales
Business Development Manager- Content & Custom Publishing
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, books, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
About the role
Do you crave content about food, travel & amazing homes on the daily? Are you a creative thinker who can articulate the importance of meaningful, inspiring content in the marketing mix? Maybe you are in ad sales and looking for something just a little bit different?
We are growing our content sales & custom publishing team here at Are Media and are on the lookout for someone ready to step up to BDM level.
This is a unique role that will suit a creative, commercially savvy individual who can foster direct relationships with marketers. Primarily focusing (but not limited to) the food category, you will craft ideas for content partnerships across our publishing brand portfolio via a range of products from cookbooks to retail collaborations, content licensing and beyond. Reporting to the Business Development Director, you will work closely with our talented team of designers and editors to help your ideas come to life and inspire your clients to partner with us.
- Build company presence alongside our marketing teams across food, homes & lifestyle the space
- Management of exciting Custom Publishing projects through to delivery and on sale
- Work alongside the Director and closely with internal stakeholders on project management
- Work closely with contracted international publishing clients to maximise our business relationships
- Identifying targets & developing strong pipelines to meet client budget expectations
- Support a network of international agents and partners by creating trade marketing materials
- Development of bespoke sales material & market presentations
Skills and experience
- Passion & keen interest in the food, lifestyle, & homes space
- Prior experience in Media Sales or Publishing
- Results driven work ethic & confident presentation skills
- Commercially savvy
- Experience with magazine / book syndication processes
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now