Job no: 497887
Work type: permanent full time
Categories: Subscriptions & E-Commerce
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
About the role
The Product Manager is a key role within our Subscriptions department and is responsible for the effective management and development of Are Media’s subscription e-commerce products. This includes and is not limited to; project management, requirements and specifications, research and testing, partner integration, delivery coordination, budget management, product administration and operation and stakeholder management.
This position will see you working in collaboration with peer leaders in the Digital Product and Technology team and business stakeholders, and reporting to the Head of Subscriptions Operations, to achieve the desired outcomes for the business in our subscriptions e-commerce product.
The key responsibilities of the Product Manager include:
- Owning and managing the product roadmap and product backlog
- Working with the team to groom epics and users stories to a high standard of clarity
- Proposing, developing and implementing initiatives to enhance acquisition, engagement, retention and conversion in products
- Supporting and guiding the operational and marketing teams to effectively operate the products and assist the delivery of an integrated and multi-dimensional customer experience
- Effectively market the product in collaboration with and/or under the direction of the wider marketing and audience development teams
- Creation of project plans and forecasts
- Launch of build project on time, to budget and to a high standard
- Understanding the business domain to an expert level, including understanding the broader competitive and international market dynamics
- Facilitating stakeholder meetings, interviews or workshops to gather and refine requirements
- Promoting new ideas and improved ways of doing what we do
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3 years+ experience in digital product management
- 3 years+ experience in agile development environments as a Product Manager or Project Leader
- Experience across e-commerce web implementation and digital marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent planning skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Strong business acumen
- Be a sharp strategic thinker with experience in developing new channels and business models, as well as innovative products and services
Why Are Media?
Join a values-based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now