Art Director, Gourmet Traveller
Job no: 497938
Work type: permanent full time
Art Director, Gourmet Traveller magazine
The Art Director is responsible for the overall graphic design of the magazine and all its affiliated channels and products under the direction of the Editor. Gourmet Traveller is Australia’s leading luxury lifestyle title with a focus on food and travel. Graphic design plays a critical role in the success of the magazine and must reflect the premium nature of the brand and its clients. Gourmet Traveller takes great pride in being an industry leader when it comes to design and imagery, with an emphasis on creating original bespoke content wherever possible. It is the Art Director’s job to maintain and develop that legacy by employing best practice standards and continuously evolving the design of the magazine.
- Drive the visual appearance of the brand in all aspects/in collaboration with the Editor
- Maintain consistent quality control of all visual elements across platforms, including marketing and digital assets.
- Provide creative input on all visual aspects of the magazine
- Work closely with the editorial team to assure a smooth production cycle, innovate and discuss new ideas
- Close collaboration with the Editor to continuously evolve the design of the magazine
- Proactively put forward new ideas to further enhance the design
- Continuously review and maintain structures and workflows that ensure the magazine is produced on time and to budget
- Lead the graphic design team, manage and maintain efficient workflows, continuously strive for ways to enhance processes and workflows
- maintain efficient workflows, continuously strive for ways to enhance processes and workflows
- Ability to work independently
Skills and experience
- To be successful you will have:
- 3+ years design experience
- Experience in design programs, eg: InDesign, Photoshop
- High level design and typography skills
- Creative thinker with the ability to balance commercial and editorial requirements
- Able to manage multi-disciplinary tasks and achieve deadlines, often in a difficult and complex environment
- Able to use social media to the benefit of the brand
- Proficient Microsoft Office package skills
- Comfortable with all forms of electronic media
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now