People & Culture Business Partner
Job no: 498132
Work type: permanent full time
Categories: People & Culture
Job Title - People & Culture Business Partner
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
About the role
This is a great opportunity to extend your people and culture (P&C) experience within a dynamic and progressive team. Reporting to the People & Culture Director, you will provide day to day operational advice to leaders, build positive and collaborative relationships and partner with your client portfolio on a range of P&C initiatives and projects. This role partners with a portfolio that has multiple sites across Sydney so you will spread your time across these locations. Your client group also has a site in NZ.
- Implement people solutions that attract, develop and retain talent in line with our overall People & Culture Plan
- Proactively manage the implementation of people and culture initiatives and projects
- Partner with your client portfolio on all parts of the employee lifecyle
- Guide and coach leaders on employee relations matters
- Champion the annual and mid-year review processes which focus on talent development, succession and coaching for performance
- Enable and support a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture and ways of working
- Drive continuous improvement of our people & culture practices
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in HR with professional affiliations desirable (e.g. AHRI)
- Sound generalist experience working in both blue collar and corporate environments
- Working knowledge of AU & NZ employment legislation
- Strong stakeholder management skills and capability in building trusted relationships
- Ability to have difficult conversations whilst being empathic
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving skills
- Ability to plan effectively and think ahead
Why Are Media?
Join a progressive organisation, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
If this sounds like the role for you and the idea of working in the dynamic world of media excites you, we would love to see your cover letter and resume.
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now