Digital Developer - Front End
Job no: 497840
Work type: permanent full time
Digital Developer – Front End
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
About the role
The role of the Digital Developer - Front End is to facilitate and contribute to agile delivery process for applications and services in the digital product and technology team. Carrying out duties across engineering, testing, delivery and support of our digital products.
- Contribute to scrum delivery activities including stand-up, estimation, elaboration, review, retro and continuous improvement.
- Excellent ability to build front end web interfaces using sound software engineering principles across full SDLC with high fidelity to designs and requirements.
- Prepare automated testing to execute tests in a reliable and pragmatic way.
- Provide 2nd level support as a subject matter expert in digital products.
- Investigate bugs and issues found in test or reported by users.
- Collaborate with team to find the root cause and solution.
- Further skills and experience by working closely with leaders.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in Agile web product development environments
- 2+ years React with excellent knowledge of the React API.
- Knowledge of responsive web grid systems, BEM naming system and mobile first techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Git and good collaborative coding practices
- Experience with Wordpress/PHP front ends
- Experience using React with REST API web services, NodeJS, Express, automated testing
- Tertiary qualification in a related field such as Computer Science
- A positive attitude to overcoming obstacles and getting results
- Strong analytical and data modelling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of SEO principles
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now