Job no: 497928
Work type: permanent part time
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
About the role
The Editorial Coordinator will be working with the Family Circle, Diabetic Living and BHG One Shots team. This role is to assist in content preparation and management for the production of the titles. It includes sourcing and organising content and preparing for the art team.
- You will be reporting directly to the Editor and working closely with the art team
- In addition to the immediate team you will be liaising with both internal and external partners
- This role is crucial to the success of this small and highly productive team
The main focus of this role is supporting the editor in sourcing and preparing content.
- Source content as directed by editor from licensing partners. Log usage.
- Sort and file content into issues, ensuring that all elements are present. Alert editor to any missing elements so alternatives can be sourced.
- Convert layouts to word docs and prepare images for designers to meet schedule requirements.
- Liaise with external contributors.
- Manage multiple titles concurrently in terms of knowing where content is up to, what needs chasing etc.
- Respond to reader enquiries as well as internal stakeholders.
- Log licensed content usage. Note usage of IM content on shared document
Skills and experience
We are looking for a candidate with some experience in a similar role. You should be able to work autonomously as part of a small team. You must able to manage multiple tasks and demands simultaneously and across strict deadlines. Communication skills are also key. Our titles are in the food, health and craft categories so it would be desirable for you to have an interest in those areas.
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now