Head of Programmatic Sales
Job no: 498079
Work type: permanent full time
Categories: Advertising Sales
Head of Programmatic Sales
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
About the role
The Head of Programmatic Sales is responsible for the development and implementation of programmatic trading and relevant digital strategies to drive profitable revenue growth nationally for the whole Are Media Digital Network. Highly visible in the programmatic marketplace from trading desks, demand source partners and trading desks, this role will influence at all levels to ensure Are Media has good working relationships with the market. The role will be supported by the ad operations team, training, guiding and supervising the team's output to ensure campaigns are successful, and will also contribute to the overall Are Media digital strategy.
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Create the programmatic strategy, proposition and go-to-market in consultation with various internal partners
- Manage all existing programmatic demand partners (contracts, individual campaigns, etc.), creating and maintaining strong relationships with programmatic desks and revenue partners with the aim to maximise revenue.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with the programmatic players in the market.
- Uncover the needs of Are Media’s programmatic demand by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with agencies, desks, clients directly and all other relevant programmatic demand sources.
- Articulate and differentiate Are Media’s programmatic offering in the marketplace to grow advertising revenues in this revenue stream.
- Demonstrate a highly consultative approach designed to ensure that clients, agencies and vendors receive the highest level of customer support.
- Identify strategic trading partnerships and market opportunities for Are Media’s inventory.
- Train and develop sales teams on programmatic and attend relevant sales calls to help articulate Are Media's programmatic offering.
- Periodic evaluation and reporting of programmatic revenue and inventory, identifying new opportunities and presenting recommendations for growth.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate has:
- Solid working knowledge of programmatic sales, relevant measurement tools, and verification partners, third party data providers and technologies
- Strategic planning and thinking skills
- Excellent sales ability
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Solid understanding of the digital media ecosystem and trends
- Strong and deep relationships across the digital media community
- Digital advertising and monetisation experience with an understanding of video, audio, and display formats
- Presentation skills
- Analytical thinking
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now