Digital Editor - Gourmet Traveller
Job no: 498130
Work type: maximum term full time
Categories: Digital Content
Digital Editor - Gourmet Traveller
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
Are Media is looking for a Digital Editor to lead the online arm of iconic food and hospitality brand Gourmet Traveller, on a 14-month maternity contract basis.
Reporting to the Digital Director, the ideal candidate is a brilliant digital storyteller who has a black book of industry contacts and can create smart, authentic and engaging content at pace.
You will be adept at driving the editorial identity of GourmetTraveller.com.au and have ideas and insights on how this brand covers issues and topics our audience cares about. You have an expert understanding of how to package content for success across all social and email channels, meet audience growth goals, and can collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive business and brand success.
You will have your finger on the pulse and a passion for food, the hospitality industry and its people, as well as being able to find deeper meaning behind what audiences read, share, and buy.
- Oversee the daily digital operations of Gourmet Traveller, managing the content output by conceiving and creating on-brand, well-written and authentic content that engages and grows the audience.
- Leverage analytics and data to develop new editorial ideas and amplification strategies that will engage core readers, grow the audience and achieve targets.
- Work with the e-commerce and affiliates department to help deliver on affiliate content and revenue KPIs.
- Work with key stakeholders including the Gourmet Traveller magazine team, commercial, audience development and marketing for the betterment of the brand.
- Represent the brand within the business and externally, as required.
- You have a minimum of four years’ experience working in a fast-paced digital environment, with a focus on engaging audiences with on-brand content.
- You are a brilliant writer and storyteller, and also a great editor, being able to maintain the tone and voice of the brand.
- You have a thorough knowledge of the Australian restaurant industry, as well as strong industry contacts
- You have excellent communication, organisation, and leadership skills.
- You are experienced in using social platforms to amplify content and grow brand identity.
- You understand SEO and affiliate best practice and have content management system experience.
- You are well-versed in using Google Analytics and other data and analytical tools.
- You have a collaborative spirit and are energetic and approachable, with a demonstrated ability to foster and grow internal stakeholder relationships.
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now