Social Media & Commercial Editor
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
About the role
As Social Media and Commercial Editor, you'll be part of Are Media's award-winning Brands and Commercial Solutions division. This specialised and dynamic team includes writers, editors, strategists, researchers, art directors, producers, event managers and trade marketers. Day-to-day, you will work with the Content team on ideating and executing social media and digital content for Are Media's advertising clients such as Gucci, Dyson, L'Oreal Paris, Samsung, Harvey Norman, Westpac, Moccona, Helgas, Chablis wines and more.
It's a varied and fast-paced role, driven by deadlines and suiting someone who's full of ideas, who can deliver innovative and engaging ideas, clean, clever copy to tight deadlines and who loves the challenge of solving problems for clients. You will work across 19 of Are Media's well-known digital brands including marie claire, elle, The Australian Women's Weekly, Gourmet Traveller, New Idea, Girlfriend, Better Homes & Gardens, Home Beautiful, Belle and Now To Love. Given the scope of the role, you will need to write with ease, build posts to order, and work across many categories including beauty, homes, fashion, food and entertainment.
You'll report in to the Head of Commercial Content and have direct contact with many stakeholders, both internal and external, at various levels. You'll be just as comfortable on Slack chatting to editorial as you will be joining impromptu brainstorms or jumping on a call with clients to discuss their campaigns.
You will be an integral part of Are Media. As part of the Brands and Commercial Solutions Content team, you'll be responsible for bringing to life client's ideas on our iconic brands' digital and social channels, telling stories that move people and products. You'll also be a driving force in Are Media's Activist Agenda which strives to create a better future for women. To date, we have helped change legislation around the "tampon tax" and elder financial abuse, and we're just starting this year's pledge to help criminalise coercive control.
While no two days are the same, your core responsibilities will be:
- Social media: writing, creating, executing, monitoring, reporting and overseeing social media and content campaigns.
- Working closely with the Creative team to curate any video-led or original social assets for clients, as well as teasing stories out of supplied social assets.
- Staying up to date with the wider social media industry and news and act as a key lead to share knowledge within the department.
- Answering digitally-led advertising briefs: brainstorming big-picture ideas, recommending social and digital executions that are backed by insights and learned knowledge of our brands and digital platforms, and working to the client's budget and objectives.
- Writing native articles and digital advertorials, managing feedback from internal and external stakeholders, and setting content live in the CMS once approved.
- While the role doesn't have any direct reports, you will be expected to collectively mentor the Digital Commercial Campaign Manager with help from the Head of Commercial Content and the other Senior Commercial Editors. You will also serve as a go-to social brain for questions from the sales team, the Brands and Commercial Solutions team and wider business when it comes to all things social content.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a social media related/and digital editorial role.
- You will be experienced and at ease using Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, CMS and Photoshop - you'll be jumping in and out of all of these platforms daily.
- Excellent communication and time management skills are a must.
- A passion for our brands and for telling stories is highly valued.
- Ability to deal with fast-paced feedback and find constructive solutions to client feedback a must.
- Experience with Slack and Monday.com is preferred, but not essential.
- Commercial experience is valued, but not essential.
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.